Suddenly, you found that you can’t download an app from App Store or iTunes on your Mac, iPhone, iPad, or any other Apple device. You encountered the error, “Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes”. It implies that your Apple account is disabled, leading to unavailable App Store or iTunes service.
You are unable to download or update any app from App Store, the official channel by Apple. Inc for you to get various applications for Apple devices. Meanwhile, since the Apple account is disabled, as per the warning, you may also have no access to other iCloud-based services.
This post will walk you through this “account disabled” error in Apple Store or iTunes in Mac on earlier macOS versions. You can find out why your account has been disabled and what to do to fix the Apple Store or iTunes account disabled issue.
Why is My Apple Store/iTunes Disabled?
Even if you have not downloaded iTunes on MacBook Air or Pro or iPhone, when you try to download or update apps in App Store, it will show you “Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes”. There are various causes of this error:
1. You have entered wrong password for the Apple id for so many times as you forgot the Mac password. Thus, the Apple ID is locked, so you can’t download or update the app;
2. You have not signed in to this Apple account for so long time, so Apple Support considers your account may be hacked by others, thus preventing it from signing in;
3. There are billing issues in Apple Store to pay for some apps, for instance, you have not finished an order to pay for an app;
You have downloaded some applications on Mac, iPhone, or iPad from third-party sources, which cause problems to the Apple account.
How to Fix “Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes” Error on Mac, iPhone, and iPad?
Simply put, this error “your account has been disabled in App Store and iTunes” mainly results from two culprits, the problematic Apple ID to sign in to these two apps and applications on your Apple device.
For example, if your Apple account is unavailable in App Store, or if a certain third-party program brings viruses to the system, odds are that App Store or iTunes can’t log in.
For some users, App Store is the safest and most reliable platform where various apps are available. Therefore, you need to fix the disabled Apple account in Apple Store and iTunes as soon as possible.
- 1: Unlock the Apple Account (Automatically and Manually)
- 2: Sign in and Sign out the Apple ID
- 3: Sign in to Apple Store/iTunes Web Version
- 4: Uninstall Third-party Applications and Sign in Apple Account Again
- 5: Contact Apple Support
Solution 1: Unlock the Apple Account (Automatically and Manually)
Now that your Apple ID account has been disabled in App Store and iTunes, you may as well manage to reset the Apple account password and then sign in again to check whether you can download apps. In this case, you can try to unlock the disabled account manually and automatically.
Unlock the Apple Account Password Manually
1. Navigate to iForgot Apple.
2. Enter your Apple ID, character in the image, and then hit Continue.
3. Then input your Phone number and Continue to Confirm your phone number.
4. On the Apple device, click “Allow” or “Show” in the notification.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to reset the password.
Here, you need to enter a new Apple ID password and then re-enter to confirm it. You can then go to App Store to check whether you can sign in and download or update apps within this app.
Unlock the Apple ID Automatically
For some users, if you don’t want to reset the password on your own, or you don’t want to use the existing account, you can just remove the Apple ID on your Mac, iPhone, or iPad automatically. In this way, after you sign in to a new account, you can also log in App Store to find and download apps.
Here, iPhone Unlocker for Mac can be an exceptionally efficient tool for you to get rid of the problematic Apple account for iTunes or the App Store. If needed, users can also apply it to wipe passcode and the screen time limit for a Mac, iPhone, or any other Apple device.
Before you start using the tool to unlock a disabled account in App Store, you may as well back up your data via iCloud;
Don’t erase all content and settings on your device;
Don’t use iTunes to update or restore your device.
1. Download, install and run Mac iPhone Unlocker on Macs.
2. Click Remove Apple ID and then Start.
3. Connect your iPhone to the Mac with a lightning cable.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to Reset All Settings.
5. Input “0000” in the blank space and then hit Confirm.
6. Confirm the device information and Start unlocking the Apple ID.
7. The tool is automatically Downloading firmware package.
8. After the download, you can see the disabled account has been unlocked.
In so doing, you can reset a password for the Apple account in Settings. After that, log in to App Store or iTunes to check whether “Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes” remains. If needed, you can also use this tool to unlock iPhone without password or Face ID.
Solution 2: Sign out and Sign in the Apple ID
Sometimes, you can just sign out and sign in to the disabled Apple account on your Mac, iPhone, or iPad. Some users reflected that this fix has simply helped them resolve the disabled account in App Store.
1. On Mac top right corner, click the Apple icon and then select System Preferences.
2. On the top right corner, find out and click Apple ID.
3. Under Overview, locate and hit Sign out.
4. Then choose to Sign in again in System Preferences > Apple ID.
Of course, if your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes on iPhone or iPad, you can also choose to sign out of the account and sign in again. After signing out and then signing in to the account, open the App Store to check whether you can download apps there.
Solution 3: Sign in Apple Store/iTunes Web Version
If you noticed that your account has been disabled in App Store and iTunes on Mac, iPhone, or iPad, you can just try to sign in Apple Store or iTunes on browsers like Google Chrome, Safari, Opera, or any other ones. For instance, you can try to sign in App Store web version on Google Chrome when your account is disabled on the App Store app.
Solution 4: Uninstall Third-party Applications
When the official apps from App Store are charged, some users tend to download apps from third-party sources such as application assistants. In this way, your account will be disabled in App Store and iTunes due to viruses or threats from these apps. Hence, you would better uninstall these third-party apps.
1. On your Mac, go to Finder > Applications.
2. Locate the app and right click it to Move to Trash.
3. Go to Trash at the right bottom of Mac and then right-click the blank space to Delete Immediately.
If needed, you can also try other methods to uninstall programs easily and completely so that the third-party applications won’t cause the Apple account to be disabled.
On iPhone and iPad:
Press and hold the app and then drag it to the trash.
Without the problematic applications from unknown sources, users can sign out and then sign in to the Apple account again to see whether App Store or iTunes account is still disabled.
Solution 5: Contact Apple Support
According to Apple’s Official Website, if users hit upon the “your account has been disabled in App Store and iTunes” error, you can contact Apple Support directly.
1. Go to Apple Support and then find out Apps & Services > Apple ID.
2. Select Disabled Apple ID.
3. Choose the “Your account has been disabled in App Store and iTunes” alert.
4. Hit Continue to seek further Apple support.
As you can see, if you have encountered other “disabled Apple ID” issues, such as the “Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons’ alert, you can also come to Apple Support for help.
For users facing the “Your account has been disabled in App Store and iTunes” issue on MacBook, iPhone, or iPad, this post will be helpful for you to remove the disabled App Store or iTunes account and recover a usable account. After that, you can search, download, and update apps from App Store as you wish.